Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Southwestern "Spaghetti"






I have a new favorite meal and I thought I would share.. it truly is yummy! I call it Southwestern "Spaghetti". Once again... YUMMY! I must warn you, this recipe makes a LOT of food! It serves us 2 dinners plus lunch for Anthony. We're also only a family of 2.5... it might not be as much food for a bigger family. Anyways, on with the meal...




I start with browning a pound of ground turkey (you could also use ground beef or simply shred some cooked chicken). After draining the meat I add a large (29 oz) can of plain tomato sauce, 1 can of italian diced tomatos, 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans, 1 can of corn (no salt added), 1 chopped green bell pepper, chopped olives and 1.5 cups of salsa. You could also subsitute any of those for FRESH or FROZEN veggies. I also season to taste (I like to add chopped garlic, onion powder, garlic powder and a little italian seasoning).




Simmer this for about an hour and then toss with some cooked macaroni noodles. This meal is so delish! Let me know if you try it, we love it in our house. Aidan even gobbles it up!

No comments: