Thursday, February 12, 2009

College

For those of you who don't know, I will be starting college in April! I am going to get my degree in Nursing. I start my pre requisites in April. I took my placement test today which determines my placement in Math and English. It was made up of a writing, reading and math test. I took this same test 4 years ago. My scores are as follows: Math: Old score- 38, New score- 30; Reading: Old score- 97, New score- 99; Writing: Old score- 96, New score: 84. Over all, not bad. I don't think I did too bad for being out of school for 4 years, my reading score improved!

These scores mean I get to start English at college level (English 101) and I get to start math at college level too but a slower pace. I need to start with Math 91 then Math 92 rather then taking Math 96. It's the same book just split into halves. Math 91 and Math 92 equal Math 96.

I get to register for classes March 2 and my award letter for financial aid was mailed out today. This letter will tell me how much money I will be receiving this quarter. YAY! I am going to take my math online this quarter and my first biology lab class and I think I will also take Psychology 101. That is normally scheduled for 2nd quarter but because I am meeting my math requirement in two classes (2 quarters) I think I will take on one of my second quarter classes this quarter so I am not too overloaded!

I am so darn excited to be starting... it feels like I am starting a whole new chapter in my life. I seem to have started a few over the last couple years: Moving to Spokane, meeting Anthony, having Aidan and now school!

No comments: